DEADLINE TODAY for Summer 2013 Congressional Leadership Program
Lamborn Taking Applications for 2013 Summer Congressional Leadership Program
Seeks Students from Colorado for Unique Hill Experience
Congressman Doug Lamborn (CO-05) is now accepting applications for his 2013 Summer Congressional Leadership Program (CLP) in Washington, D.C. The program, now in its fourth year, offers college students and recent graduates an opportunity to work in a Congressional office and also absorb the heritage of our nation's capital. To qualify, applicants must be attending college or its equivalent and have strong ties to the 5th Congressional District.
During the session, CLP Associates will be given real responsibilities in a dynamic Congressional office, will receive training in current legislative and political affairs, and will grow in leadership skills. Associates will participate in substantive legislative duties including, but not limited to, attending congressional hearings, assisting in policy research, engaging in constituent communication, and participating in media outreach.
Additionally, numerous cultural and historic opportunities will be provided by Congressman Lamborn’s D.C. office so that CLP Associates will be able to take advantage of the vibrant history of our nation’s capital, Washington D.C.
- This Summer's session will begin June 3rd and conclude July 26th, 2013.
- Associates will maintain a full-time work schedule: 9 AM-6 PM when Congress is in session and 9 AM-5 PM while in recess.
- Schedules will be planned and organized by staff members and responsibilities may change daily.
- Associates can expect that administrative tasks, research, and constituent communication will be part of the daily schedule.
- Associates can expect that time will be set aside during the workday for historic education, including tours of Smithsonian exhibits, the National Archives, the White House, the Capitol, and other significant sites.
- Associates can expect to participate in leadership discussions and educational training with conservative and free market organizations.
Deadline for Submission: Monday, March 4, 2013
For more information on the program and how to apply, please click here or go to the Congressman's website, Lamborn.house.gov.
# # #